Monday, May 18, 2009

Garden Update

The garden space as of 5/19/09

Healthy but naked

What I wouldn't do for a home grown tomato right about now! However, these things take time as anyone who has grown them knows.

Tomato plants like it warm, and the weather has only been mild so far this spring. I haven't grown tomatoes in over 30 years, and I'm excited. This year, I am growing five different varieties of them. The peppers don't excite me as much, but they're pretty cool, too.

As the weather gets warmer I'll add Asparagus Beans, sweet potatoes and cucumbers. I can hardly wait...



Align Center
Jalapeno and Bell pepper plants.


Teenie baby jalapeno peppers

2 comments:

AR said...

You'll have to tell me how the asparagus beans turn out. I've never planted or eaten them before, just seen them in catalogs.

Alexandria Sewell said...

No problem, AR. I'm very curious to find out how the asparagus beans are going to turn out myself. You'll be the first to know!

---Alex

Search This Blog